Becoming a part of a Chamber Committee is a great way to get involved and make the most out of your membership!
We have many committees to choose from - truly something for everyone!
Committee involvement provides opportunities to
- MEET other volunteer business leaders
- ACCOMPLISH great things.
- Increase your VISIBILITY.
This committee's focus is on attaining and engaging new members by promoting Chamber benefits. Ambassadors works to involve members in Chamber activities and committees that will most benefit their business, introduce members to Chamber resources, and assists in establishing networking relationships.
- Chairman: Craig Dufton, ReMax Insight
- Meets the Second Wednesday of the month at the Chamber office from 8:00-9:00 am
Board of Directors & Executive Committee
The Board of Directors is responsible for the governance, financial oversight, and policy-making for the Greater Salem Chamber of Commerce. The Board is comprised of fifteen elected, volunteer, members with three year terms. Six members of the Board of Directors are chosen to act as the organization's officers: Chairman, First Vice-Chair, Second Vice-Chair, Treasurer, Secretary, Immediate Past Chair. Learn more
- Chairman: Eric Leuteritz, Pentucket Bank
- Meets the First Wednesday of the month at the Chamber office, 8:00-9:30 am (either Full Board or Executive)
Business Education Collaborative
Seeks to enhance the well being of the community by contributing to the growth of our students through a partnership of business, education, and community. Conducts: Annual "Interview Challenge" competition that prepares high school students for real life interpersonal communication via mock interviews, Student Field Trips to local businesses, Annual Scholarship Program for those working for (or who's guardian works for) Chamber members, and Applied Academic Breakfasts for students to meet with business professionals and learn about career opportunities in various fields.
- Chairman: Joanne Desrosiers, Enterprise Bank
- Meets the Third Wednesday of the month at the Chamber office from 8:30-9:30 am
Actively supports the planned commercial growth of the Greater Salem area that is consistent with each community's Master Plan. Serves in supporting the expansion of both existing and new businesses by providing events, access to information, and communication with the towns about issues that effect the local business community.
- Chairman: John Debaun, Pentucket Bank
- Meets the First Tuesday of the month at the Chamber office from 7:30-8:30 am
Acts as a liaison between government representatives and the business community. This group hosts local, state, and federal legislators at a variety of forums to provide the business community opportunities to become informed on government issues and to advise legislators of the concerns of Chamber members.
- Chairman: Chris Goodnow, Goodnow Real Estate Services
- Meets the First Thursday of the month at the Chamber office from 8:00-9:00 am
This committee investigates, evaluates and communicates the importance of health and wellness for the good of the business community. They provide advocacy, education, networking and outreach opportunities for health and wellness providers, and promote programs that enhance the quality of life for individuals.
- Chairman: Cindy Palermo, Salem School District
- Meets the Fourth Tuesday of the month at the Chamber office from 8:00-9:00 am
The Chamber has over 50 members that are from non-profit businesses. This committee organizes events and seminars that address issues faced by non-profits. For example: Board Development, Grant Writing, Fundraising, etc. The group also holds special networking events for fellow non-profits, so that they can brainstorm, share ideas, and make sure major community events are scheduled without calendar conflicts.
- Chairman: Peggy Tripp, Foy Insurance
- Meets the Third Tuesday of the month at the Chamber office from 8:00-9:00 am
Board of Directors
Business Education Collaborative
These committees are short-term, task oriented volunteers who develop programs and events to: foster membership participation, generate enthusiasm and assist in membership growth and retention, create and promote programs to enhance the Chamber's profile in the community and provide additional sources of non-dues revenue.
Special Events Include:
Economic Development Breakfast
Taste of Greater Salem Restaurant Expo
Chamber Classic Golf Tournament
Annual Dinner Meeting and Business Awards Ceremony
Hidden Jewels Women's Luncheon
Community Outreach Events
Chamber of Commerce
Depot Train Station
81 Main Street
Salem, NH 03079