Loan Servicing Representative
This position performs administrative tasks to support the loan servicing group. Duties include processing real estate tax and insurance payments, reconciling additions and disbursements of escrow accounts, new loan input, processing payoffs, investor loan servicing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Handle all aspects of Borrower Escrow Accounts including timely real estate tax, hazard insurance, flood insurance and PMI disbursements. Research and resolve any escrow discrepancies with appropriate vendor.
• Process annual escrow analysis and disclosure notices and handle resulting inquires.
• Maintain tracking of homeowners’ and flood insurances, including force placed policies with vendors.
• Promptly complete boarding of new residential mortgage and consumer loans and any modifications to core system. Also completes a second review of loans booked by other employees for accuracy.
• Process payoff request for both internal and external customers. Process paid loans, discharges of mortgages and mails same to customers in a timely manner.
• Handle Investor Loan servicing duties including remittances, balancing, and other duties as assigned.
• Perform various tasks as required, including loan file maintenance, process loan payments, handle phone calls and inquiries, plus other duties as assigned.
• Comply with all applicable laws, regulations and company policies as stated in Bank’s Code of Conduct.
• Complete required training including regulatory, systems and others as required by the supervisor based on job duties within the requested time periods.
• Associates degree or equivalent, preferred.
• At least 1 to 3 years experience in a banking environment.
• Must be detail oriented, computer literate; possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to interact within all levels of the Bank.
• Must be a team player. Employee must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; and (b) respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
• Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person and small group situations with customers, vendors, and employees of the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations. General Office environment. Light to moderate lifting of files and/or boxes when necessary. These functions are subject to change and will be updated when necessary.