Operations and Communications Manager
The Greater Salem Chamber of Commerce is seeking an Operations and Communications Manager. This is an opportunity to be an integral part of a community organization and connect with local business leaders. The Operations and Communication Manager Position is essential to the growth and development of the organization and its membership. As a key member of our dynamic team you will be a trusted liaison to our membership.
The Operations and Communications Manager is responsible for ensuring organizational effectiveness through the smooth internal operations and managing the Chambers internal and external communications. The Operations and Communications Manager, reports to the Executive Director. This is a full-time position that will require a flexible schedule to meet some early morning and evening events.
Major Job Functions
- Prepare financial statements on a monthly basis for review by Executive Director, review and approval by the Treasurer for presentation by the Board.
- Manage journal entries, accounts receivable, accounts payable, membership payments for new membership and renewals.
- Manage and code invoices, reconcile petty cash, process expenses reports. Make sure all proper approvals are in place for check requisitions.
- Maintain accurate accounting information and back-up for all Chamber events.
- Manage all monetary transactions at events as required.
- Process monthly data into financial database system, including annual member dues, other income as applicable (sponsorships, activity fees, etc.), billing information and invoices.
- Work with events committees to properly manage event budgets, invoices, payments & expenses.
- Work with Executive Director to manage and process event sponsorships.
- Work with Executive Director to support and manage advertising and marketing opportunities in Chamber materials.
- Create and send Chamber email newsletters.
- Create and distribute Chamber press releases.
- Work with Executive Director and other assigned staff to manage social media outlets.
- Works with the Chamber staff and Board to assure the organization and its mission, products, programs and services are consistently presented in a strong and positive image.
- Effectively work with volunteers, Board of Directors and Committee Chairs and members.